Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/02 16:15:56 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1528475 - /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/name/ReadOnlyNamespaceRegistry.java

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM,  <th...@apache.org> wrote:
> OAK-125 : Improved namespace registry - slightly faster getURIs call by not sorting the list

This can cause subtle issues for clients (including IIRC some of our
test cases) that assume a stable ordering of the return value. Clients
generally shouldn't rely on something like that, but it's an easy
thing to miss and a common source of problems, so I'd rather keep the
explicit ordering especially as I don't think its the key performance
bottleneck here.

BR,

Jukka Zitting