Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Soheila Dehghanzadeh <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/01 14:01:10 UTC

moving data

Hi All,

I want to move my data from my server into hadoop file system to run a jar
file using this data on a hadoop cluster.
I have 2 questions.
if my java program which I want to run on a hadoop cluster refers to an
address on another server, how i should specify the address in my java
program?
otherwise, if the java program is only allowed to use data that resides on
hdfs, how i can move my data from my server onto hdfs?

Thanks
-Peace.
-Soheila D.

Re: moving data