Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Bogecho <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2001/05/01 19:30:27 UTC

Tomcat authentication fails through apache

Hi,
 I am new to Tomcat.  I installed Tmocat for windows 3.2.1, as well as apache 1.3.9.  I followed the simple steps for setting up an Apache->Tomcat link.  When accessing the http://localhost/ address I get the default apache webpage, when I access the directory eg. http://localhost/examples/ in which my tomcat examples exist I can access and execute all the JSP /servlet examples except the example which uses form based authentication.  The apache server incorrectly tried to find a directory/file called j_security_check.  When running the same example directly through Tomcat (eg. http://localhost:8080) it works fine.  Would anyone know what causes this?
Regards,
Michael