Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/11/14 06:54:50 UTC

Does bin/start-server work anymore?

I just tried to boot up the server today (trunk) and it just appears
to hang after:

Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.5.0_13)...

And then eventually times out.

Anyone know what is going on?  I have a few changes to the GShell
integration, but I don't really like to commit them when w/o my
changes it doesn't work.

:-(

--jason

Re: Does bin/start-server work anymore?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Hrm... seems to be working again for me now.  Weird :-(

--jason

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 14, 2007, at 12:54 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> I just tried to boot up the server today (trunk) and it just appears
> to hang after:
>
> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.5.0_13)...
>
> And then eventually times out.
>
> Anyone know what is going on?  I have a few changes to the GShell
> integration, but I don't really like to commit them when w/o my
> changes it doesn't work.
>
> :-(

Hmmm. Can you grab a stack trace while it's timing out? kill -3 <java-
pid>

My trunk build is a bit dated, but starts fine for me...

I've had problems on my Mac with G 2.0.2 and the Leopard 1.5 JSE.
There's a deadlock during startup between main thread and the
finalizer thread involving the OpenJPA javaagent. We worked around
this problem once before. I'm not sure what changed between 2.0.1 and
2.0.2 to cause the problem. I tried a simple work-around, but didn't
work... I haven't had much time to dig any further...

--kevan