Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jack Adams <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/02 19:10:43 UTC

Storing content in eXist

Hello,

I am trying to use Lenya to manage XML content
contained in a collection of about 200.000 XML
fragments.

Can I store the collection in a native XML database
like eXist? Or with Lenya the XML documents must
reside only in the file system?

Thanks,

Jack A.

Re: Storing content in eXist

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Jack Adams wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use Lenya to manage XML content
> contained in a collection of about 200.000 XML
> fragments.
>
> Can I store the collection in a native XML database
> like eXist? Or with Lenya the XML documents must
> reside only in the file system?

yes you can. it is currently more work than necessary, but you basically
  have to exchange the file generators with xmldb generators.

you'll also have to exchange java.io.file access in the java code with
avalon sources.

the longer term answer to this is the repository integration

Re: Storing content in eXist

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Jack Adams wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am trying to use Lenya to manage XML content
>contained in a collection of about 200.000 XML
>fragments.
>
>Can I store the collection in a native XML database
>like eXist?

sure, but one needs to do some modifications on Lenya.
Please check the mail archive since this was discussed quite often.

We are currently working on integrating Jackrabbit (JCR/JSR-170) which
should help a lot in the future re attaching various data repositories

>Or with Lenya the XML documents must
>reside only in the file system?

currently they do, but they don't have to ;-)

You might want to take a look at the sandbox about our Jackrabbit efforts:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/sandbox/

Michi

>Thanks,
>
>Jack A.