Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Memory Makers <me...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/24 01:45:00 UTC

questions on query format

Hi,

I've spent quite some time reading up on the query format and can't seem to
solve this problem:

1. If send solr the following query:
  q={!lucene}profile_description:*

  I get what I would expect.

2. If send solr the following query:
  q=*:*

  I get nothing just:
   <response><result name="response" numFound="0" start="0"
maxScore="0.0"/><lst name="highlighting"/></response>

Would appreciate some insight into what is going on.

Thanks.

Re: questions on query format

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> ?q.alt=*:* worked for me -- how do I make sure that the
> standard query
> parser is configured.

You can append defType=lucene to your search URL.

More permanent way is to default defType parameter in solrconfig.xml.

Re: questions on query format

Posted by Memory Makers <me...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

?q.alt=*:* worked for me -- how do I make sure that the standard query
parser is configured.

Thanks.

MM.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.