Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by sudhi <su...@planet.net> on 2000/06/09 19:07:39 UTC

Questions.

Hello,
I have 3 questions, I dont know how to go about it.

1. I have an xml file(which is also an XSP page), which does some
database queries and get the result back. I want to add some attribute
to some of the rows returned. I want to do this since I cannot do a
second XSP pass on the same xml file. Is there a way to add these
attributes ?

2. A user enters some information on a page, When I get this
information, I create an XML file(in memory), then I want to convert it
to PDF using FOP and store it in the file system. Can I do it in an XSP
page ?

3. I was looking for XMLForm ? Where can I get it ? (Is it CGI::XMLForm
?)

Thanks in advance.
Sudhi

Re: Questions.

Posted by Nishit Trivedi <ni...@planet.net>.
hi
i tried to find my question in FAQ/Archive but couldn't find it...
I downloaded the xmlform.zip from http://www.webslingerz.com/balld/xmlform/

I have following line in my jserv.properties:
wrapper.classpath=E:\cocoon-1.7.4\lib\openxml-1.2.jar
Now when i tried the example given in news.xml and when I click on
submit(after giving title and body)
it gives me:
---------------------------
Not Found

The requested URL /servlets/XMLForm was not found on this server.
---------------------------
I read the README file that says:
"This example must be processed with the cocoon servlet
(http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/). It presumes that these files are installed
in the example subdirectory of the web server root and that the XMLForm
servlet is accessible via the URL /servlets/XMLForm."

I have both XMLForm.java and class files in /htdocs/servlets
I copied all xml and xsl files from xmlform.zip to /htdocs/example.
Do I interpret the above readme file incorrectly???
thanx...
Nishit
Internet Programmer
Planet Access Networks
973-691-4704 Ext:157

Re: Questions.

Posted by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu>.

Re: Questions.

Posted by sudhi <su...@planet.net>.
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, sudhi wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I have 3 questions, I dont know how to go about it.
> >
> > 1. I have an xml file(which is also an XSP page), which does some
> > database queries and get the result back. I want to add some attribute
> > to some of the rows returned. I want to do this since I cannot do a
> > second XSP pass on the same xml file. Is there a way to add these
> > attributes ?
>
> Do an XSLT process to shuffle the data around.

The information I want to put to elements are in session object. So I
need xsp, how can I do it ? I think I cannot use xsp again in xsl.

> > 3. I was looking for XMLForm ? Where can I get it ? (Is it CGI::XMLForm
> > ?)
>
> http://www.webslingerZ.com/balld/XMLForm. It's inspired by CGI::XMLForm,
> but it's a servlet.

Got it, thanks.But the examples are not working. It says

java.lang.Exception: No processor for type "xsp"

~Sudhi

Re: Questions.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.