Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2018/03/08 09:42:48 UTC

Re: Ask for release process

On 08/03/18 09:05, Jun Liu wrote:
> Hi, mentors
>
> The dubbo core project has fixed some critical bugs and enhancements, and it should be released now according to the original plan, with version upgrade to 2.5.10. But dubbo is in Apache Incubator now, should we start a vote before release?
>
> There’s no doubt that from the next version, all processes from requirements collection, development to release should be fully discussed and voted by the community here before it is actually done. But this version may be a special one, most of the works have started before incubator, and also, some users really expect for patches in this version. The contents to be released, mainly bugfix and enhancements:
>
> https://github.com/alibaba/dubbo/milestone/14 <https://github.com/alibaba/dubbo/milestone/14>
>
> Should we still raise a vote for the next release(2.5.10)?

I think you are fine to make a release from the 'old' repository, using
the 'old' name and the 'old' process. i.e. there is nothing mentioning
'Apache' in the name, Maven co-ordinates etc.

Once the code transitions to an ASF repository, that is when the release
policy applies.

Mark

Re: Ask for release process

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
Thanks. We will release as usual til the transition to Apache is done.