Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/31 17:20:50 UTC

zip overlay for war project - items inside not visible....

Hi all -

I'm having an issue where a zip file containing shared js and css
components are overlaid to my war project - but they're NOT visible!

So in my source tree, I have:

src/main/webapp/js/foo.js

I'm overlaying several other js files and the resulting war also has:

webapp/js/foo.js
webapp/js/bar.js

Bar.js is NOT visible in the resulting war.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: zip overlay for war project - items inside not visible....

Posted by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com>.
Not a bug...

jetty:run runs out of the source structure - and does NOT take into account
the overlays.

jetty:run-war runs out of the exploded war directory structure and DOES

Posted by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com>.
Uh - by "visible" I mean, I can see it when I run "jetty:run" and go to
that url.

In my example above, I can hit foo.js, but not bar.js - even when they are
right next to each other.

Doesn't matter if it's a zip or a war I'm using for the overlay, neither
work.  Has anyone see this or know of a bug?

Here's the doc for maven overlays:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/overlays.html

To use a *zip* dependency as an overlay you have to configure it explicitly
in the plugin's configuration. For instance to inject the content of a zip
overlay in the scripts directory of the webapp, do as follows:

    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <version>2.2</version>
        <configuration>