Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Hans Ulrich Niedermann <ni...@isd.uni-stuttgart.de> on 2000/07/03 08:03:33 UTC

Re: Docs with Docbook

Hi,

the current state of my Docbook efforts:

1. document2docbook.xsl works, including links
   (at least for sitemap.xml)
2. Norman's Docbook->HTML XSL stylesheets work with some minor
   bugs. I'll either fix these or report them to Norman within the
   next few days.
3. With the stylesheets now working, I'm wondering about where we're
   going to put the created HTML docs and how we're going to link to
   these from the Stylebook generated pages.
4. Nobody has had any answer to the following question yet, so I'm
   going to dump the Stylebook-like layout (at least temporarily until
   someone volunteers to customize the stylesheets for the current
   xml.apache.org layout). I don't like pages with that many tables
   and graphics stuff in them anyway.

> Are we going to use the xml.apache.org layout with those zillions of
> tables and graphics? This would make Docbook->HTML stylesheets a
> challenging task, I think.

Uli

Re: Docs with Docbook

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the current state of my Docbook efforts:
>
> 1. document2docbook.xsl works, including links
>    (at least for sitemap.xml)

cool.

> 2. Norman's Docbook->HTML XSL stylesheets work with some minor
>    bugs. I'll either fix these or report them to Norman within the
>    next few days.

I'm all for moving Norman's stuff over to Apache. Norman, what's your
status on this? Now you work for Sun, right? Is this still your day job?

> 3. With the stylesheets now working, I'm wondering about where we're
>    going to put the created HTML docs and how we're going to link to
>    these from the Stylebook generated pages.

Yep, Cocoon Offline-mode with take care of this nicely, before that...
hack it somehow :)

> 4. Nobody has had any answer to the following question yet, so I'm
>    going to dump the Stylebook-like layout (at least temporarily until
>    someone volunteers to customize the stylesheets for the current
>    xml.apache.org layout). I don't like pages with that many tables
>    and graphics stuff in them anyway.

Fine with me, let's have things working, we'll fine-tune later on.

> > Are we going to use the xml.apache.org layout with those zillions of
> > tables and graphics? This would make Docbook->HTML stylesheets a
> > challenging task, I think.

Nah, that's the beauty of XSLT, once the schema complexity is there,
adding more style is piece of cake.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.