Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2005/01/25 15:44:41 UTC

ViewCVS Subversion interface is currently down

Browsing the Subversion repository seem to have been unavailable for a long
time now (weeks I think) - does anyone know whats happening with this?

Trying to view http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/struts/ results in the
following error

"The Apache Software Foundation ViewCVS Subversion interface is currently
down while we investigate a problem with ViewCVS"

Niall

Possible Site/Doc mods (Re: ViewCVS Subversion interface is currently down)

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
As an aside, I'd like to see us figure out how to integrate the
HTML-ized code xref reports that can be generated by Maven into our
site documentation.  This would fit my most common use-case for
ViewCVS, plus it has the nice feature of having per-line anchors so
you can give people more direct references to it.  Of course, it
doesn't provide history, but it's not like ViewCVS will go away.

While I'm at it, do people like the taglibdoc that can be generated
from TLD files?  (ex:
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/1.1/docs/tlddocs/)  I've been
wondering if some things might not be simplified by generating doc
like this from our TLDs, instead of generating our TLDs from
precursor XML.  Obviously, what we have now works pretty well, so
there would be no compelling reason to change, except to make our
build a little simpler.  But since the build already works... well,
it was just something I was thinking about...

Joe

At 8:42 AM -0800 1/25/05, Martin Cooper wrote:
>There was a period when the SVN repo kept getting hung up, and the
>finger was pointed at ViewCVS. While that is investigated further, and
>possible changes are made to ViewCVS, the interface was taken down.
>Notably, there have not been repo problems since then, so it looks
>like the finger was pointed in the right direction. Hopefully it will
>be back on line soon, butI haven't seen any news on that recently.
>
>--
>Martin Cooper
>

>On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:44:41 -0000, Niall Pemberton
><ni...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>  Browsing the Subversion repository seem to have been unavailable for a long
>>  time now (weeks I think) - does anyone know whats happening with this?
>>
>>  Trying to view http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/struts/ results in the
>>  following error
>>
>>  "The Apache Software Foundation ViewCVS Subversion interface is currently
>>  down while we investigate a problem with ViewCVS"
>>
>>  Niall

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com

Re: ViewCVS Subversion interface is currently down

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Seems like its back now.

Niall

Re: ViewCVS Subversion interface is currently down

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.