Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Cupbearer <jc...@inforeverse.com> on 2011/07/12 19:07:40 UTC

Solr and Php Question

Total Linux noob, 1 month into first server ever...

CentOS 5.6 Final
Loaded php52 from ius
yum install of mysql
tomcat

I've got Nutch up and running and working (may need to work on filters at
some point) and I have Solr up and running and indexing everything.  But,
then I came to the point of trying to get the results from the Crawl and
Index to display on the webpage that I'm building with Php and it points me
to php.net.  The minimum requirements are:

The libxml and curl extensions must also be enabled for the Apache Solr
extension to be available.

libxml2 2.6.31 or later is required.

libcurl 7.18.0 or later is also required.

The Yum install is 2.6.15 and like 7.13.0 (didn't get past the first one
yet).  I have zero idea how to upgrade these!  What am I going to have to
check to make sure gets upgraded?  I've only run yum installs from different
repositories so far and haven't had to compile anything myself, so maybe if
I have to do that someone can point me to a tutorial.  Or, the Search and
Results pages should be pretty simple can I just avoid a few of the newer
commands in php because they aren't compatible and not worry about it and
hope everything gets fixed with centos 6.0?  It also seems that 3 or 4 days
ago you only needed libxml2 2.6.17 and now it's up to x.x.31 for a
prerequisite, is this something that I need to learn anyways to keep current
on since it seems to be changing rather regularly?  Should I just try to
upgrade my php52 to php53 and see if that gets me the newer repositories?
When I looked at that my yum installed phpmyadmin wasn't compatible with 53
which is why I went with 52.  I didn't bother updating mysql from 5.0 since
there didn't seem to be any blazingly obvious reason to do so (especially
since it's such a small instance).

Thanks,

-----

Cupbearer
Jerry E. Craig, Jr.

Re: Solr and Php Question

Posted by Damien Camilleri <in...@webdistribution.com.au>.
Hi mate,

I'm a php Dev. Try zend server community edition from zend. Install is easy and comes with most things u need and may solve this for you. Centos is always a bit behind for stability reasons. Zs also has lots of other goodies.

Personally I use a php library rather than a php extension so has no dependencies and no installation needed and I can read their source and extend it to suit my needs.

There's a few php libraries around for solr.

Phpmyadmin can run under php 5.3, but personally I just use mysql client.

Damien

Sent from my iPhone