Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by "T. Groch" <t....@gmail.com> on 2010/11/10 13:46:38 UTC

Edit existing PDF

Hi,

I just followed the example code to write some text inside a created PDPage
via PDPageContentStream.

How can I read in an existing PDF file and edit a page (let's say the first
one) in it? I can't get a PDPage from the PDDocument.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

obias

Re: Edit existing PDF

Posted by "T. Groch" <t....@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

thank you very much. It's just the constructor of PDPageContentStream with
the third parameter being "true". It's for "appending content". Works like a
charm.
Thanks!

Best regards,

Tobias

Re: Edit existing PDF

Posted by "T. Groch" <t....@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

Posted by Ad...@swmc.com.

From:
"T. Groch" <t....@gmail.com>
To:
users@pdfbox.apache.org
Date:

Re: Edit existing PDF

Posted by "T. Groch" <t....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Edit existing PDF

Posted by "T. Groch" <t....@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

From:
"T. Groch" <t....@gmail.com>
To:
users@pdfbox.apache.org
Date:
11/10/2010 09:49
Re: Edit existing PDF

Hi Adam,

thank you for that tip. In the meantime I managed to get that List of
PDPages, too. But when I change a PDPage it will be empty (except the text
put in it).

Code:
PDDocument doc = PDDocument.load(fileFoo);
PDDocumentCatalog cat = doc.getDocumentCatalog();
List list = cat.getAllPages();

Re: Edit existing PDF

Posted by "T. Groch" <t....@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

thank you for that tip. In the meantime I managed to get that List of
PDPages, too. But when I change a PDPage it will be empty (except the text I
put in it).

Code:
PDDocument doc = PDDocument.load(fileFoo);
PDDocumentCatalog cat = doc.getDocumentCatalog();
List list = cat.getAllPages();

2010/11/10 <Ad...@swmc.com>

> [...]
> Please do not include your social security number, account number, or any
> other personal or financial information in the content of the email. Should
> you have any questions, please call (800) 453 7884.

Re: Edit existing PDF

Posted by Ad...@swmc.com.
Getting the PDPage from a file is easy.  Check this out:

PDDocument source = null;
try {
        source = PDDocument.load("/home/user/adobe1.7spec.pdf");
        List<PDPage> pages = source.getDocumentCatalog().getAllPages();
} finally {
        if(source != null)
                try { source.close(); } catch(Exception sorry) { }
}

I haven't needed to edit anything other than bookmarks in my PDFs, so I
can't help you on that front, but I'm sure someone else on the list will
chime in shortly with some helpful pointers.

From:
"T. Groch" <t....@gmail.com>
To:
users@pdfbox.apache.org