Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2004/06/08 01:35:41 UTC

[DIGESTER] Bug 29428

How long does it usually take for a bug to be "accepted"?  I submitted bug
29428 today along with a test case and patch for it, but it doesn't look
like any action has been taken on it.

Re: [DIGESTER] Bug 29428

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.
Hi James,

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 11:35, James Carman wrote:
> How long does it usually take for a bug to be "accepted"?  I submitted bug
> 29428 today along with a test case and patch for it, but it doesn't look
> like any action has been taken on it.

The time it takes for someone to look at a bug report/patch is very
variable. However I saw your entry and intend to have a look at it this
evening (my time).

Resetting "root" definitely should happen on clear(). I'm not so sure
about your patch to do away with the root variable completely and look
at the top of the object stack, though. It is quite normal usage to
start parsing *without* pushing an initial object on the stack. Surely,
therefore, the stack is empty at the end of the parse? And so your
getRoot() implementation will fail?

Anyway, I'll have a good look later (in about 8 hours time).

Thanks very much for your bug report, and particularly the effort you've
gone to by creating unit tests, etc. This is much appreciated.

Regards,

Simon