Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2006/05/21 20:20:21 UTC

M2/XBean proof of concept

I've started a proof of concept for building James with Maven 2 in the
Geronimo sandbox.  I'll post an email when I have something to look at.

Comments?

Regards,
Alan

Re: M2/XBean proof of concept

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> Stefano Bagnara wrote:

>>> We voted (succesfully) to grant you rights on james sandbox but the
>>> process to effectively do that is much slower than expected, so I
>>> think you can stick to geronimo/sandox until we have news on
>>> james/sandbox.
>>>
>>> I'm really interested in both your proposals (m2 / xbean)!
>>
>> Cool!  I'm going to focus on M2.  Looks like you've started some
>> POJO-work.  (BTW, I'm w/ you on JNDI wiring)
>
> To avoid misunderstandings, please note that I like maven2 but this is
> not a shared opinion between James PMC members.
>
> Not all committers expressed their opinion on this (in fact maybe only
> me and Noel casted a clear maven2 opinion) so you should understand
> that your work/proposal will be evaluated but we'll need to vote and
> currently the member with more influence is against maven2.

Yep, I could be doing work that will never get integrated back to the trunk.

Regards,
Alan

Re: M2/XBean proof of concept

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>> I've started a proof of concept for building James with Maven 2 in
>>> the Geronimo sandbox.  I'll post an email when I have something to
>>> look at.
>>>
>>> Comments?
>>
>> We voted (succesfully) to grant you rights on james sandbox but the
>> process to effectively do that is much slower than expected, so I
>> think you can stick to geronimo/sandox until we have news on
>> james/sandbox.
>>
>> I'm really interested in both your proposals (m2 / xbean)!
>
> Cool!  I'm going to focus on M2.  Looks like you've started some
> POJO-work.  (BTW, I'm w/ you on JNDI wiring)

To avoid misunderstandings, please note that I like maven2 but this is
not a shared opinion between James PMC members.

Not all committers expressed their opinion on this (in fact maybe only
me and Noel casted a clear maven2 opinion) so you should understand that
your work/proposal will be evaluated but we'll need to vote and
currently the member with more influence is against maven2.

Stefano

Re: M2/XBean proof of concept

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: M2/XBean proof of concept