Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Avery Buffington <av...@fundsxpress.com> on 2002/02/11 22:47:33 UTC

can I secure apache to tomcat communications?

Is it possible to get apache via mod_jk to talk HTTPS to the HTTP ssl
enabled tomcat connection handler?  My goal is encrypted communictions from
webserver to app server and back again.

thanks,

-avery

"...really the reason that you see open source there at all is because
we came in and said there should be a platform that's identical with
millions and millions of machines..."
- Bill Gates, Microsoft 2000 Shareholders Meeting

Re: can I secure apache to tomcat communications?

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
I think you'll find the the best choice for this is an encrypted tunnel such
as SSH or IPSec.  Both Apache and Tomcat can talk to the clients just fine
over an SSL connection, but not to each other.  That all happens on an
unencrypted connection.

--David