Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/22 17:40:39 UTC

PDFBox TLP resolution approved

Hi,

The board of the ASF has approved the PDFBox TLP resolution. Now we
just need to move the project bits out of the Incubator, see [1] for
the details.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#new-project-hand-over

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: PDFBox TLP resolution approved

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Yeah, great news!! Thanks to all supporting pdfbox and especially to our
mentors Jeremias, Jukka and Niall who helped us to make this happen.

Jukka Zitting schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> The board of the ASF has approved the PDFBox TLP resolution. Now we
> just need to move the project bits out of the Incubator, see [1] for
> the details.
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#new-project-hand-over
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

RE: PDFBox TLP resolution approved

Re: Creating TLP (was PDFBox TLP resolution approved)

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Andreas Lehmkühler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jukka Zitting schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2009/10/22 Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>:
>>> I'll start filing an issue an jira as described in [1].
>> Great. I'll help with some of those things with the karma I have.
> Thanks, I've already seen that.
>
>>> Do I have to ask infra for the PMC-Chair karma or will they do it
>>> automatically in a few hours/days?
>> I just added you to the pmc-chairs group.
> Great, again thanks for your help.
>
> I'll continue with the tasks on the "life after graduation" list at the
> weekend.

I've moved the dist-directory from dist/incubator/pdfbox to dist/pdfbox.

I've made some changes to the website:
- removed incubator disclaimer
- adjust the page with the mailinglists
- changed the dist-directory
- switched to the ASF logo instead of the incubator logo

I've finshed the pdfbox status report page.

I've removed pdfbox from the incubator project list.

I've moved pdfbox to the "Graduated from incubation" list.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: Creating TLP (was PDFBox TLP resolution approved)

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2009/11/15 Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>:
> Now that Joe created the new unixgroup, set up the web and dist space I try
> to move the repository, as described in [1]. But obviously I haven't enough
> karma to do so.
> @Jukka do you have the karma and the time to help us out here?

I'll take a look at it.

> 1) after moving the repository we have to reconfigure hudson. Whom should I
> ask to do so? build@a.o or infra or should I ask for my own access?

I can update Hudson. It might be useful for any committer interested
in tweaking the Hudson build settings to have a Hudson account.

> 2) AFAIU the pdfbox webpage is published by forrestbot? Whom should I ask to
> do the necessary changes?

I'll take a look at it.

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Andreas Lehmkühler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jukka Zitting schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2009/10/22 Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>:
>>> I'll start filing an issue an jira as described in [1].
>> Great. I'll help with some of those things with the karma I have.
> Thanks, I've already seen that.
>
>>> Do I have to ask infra for the PMC-Chair karma or will they do it
>>> automatically in a few hours/days?
>> I just added you to the pmc-chairs group.
> Great, again thanks for your help.
>
> I'll continue with the tasks on the "life after graduation" list at the
> weekend.
Now that Joe created the new unixgroup, set up the web and dist space I try to
move the repository, as described in [1]. But obviously I haven't enough karma
to do so.
@Jukka do you have the karma and the time to help us out here?

There are some other questions left, which aren't adressed in the graduation guide.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#project-first-steps

Re: Creating TLP (was PDFBox TLP resolution approved)

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi

Jukka Zitting schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> The board of the ASF has approved the PDFBox TLP resolution. Now we
> just need to move the project bits out of the Incubator, see [1] for
> the details.
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#new-project-hand-over
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: PDFBox TLP resolution approved

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations & good luck

Niall

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Congratulations, everyone involved!

On 22.10.2009 17:40:39 Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The board of the ASF has approved the PDFBox TLP resolution. Now we
> just need to move the project bits out of the Incubator, see [1] for
> the details.
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#new-project-hand-over
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting