Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/21 00:33:15 UTC

[j2] Site Documentation Changes

All,

I made some changes to the Jetspeed site that I would
like to review with you all before committing.

I published the site at:

http://people.apache.org/~dlestrat/j2-final/index.html

Please provide your feedback.  As documented in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-83

I restructured the navigation and centralized the
generic documentation into guides that reference when
appropriate the components documentation located in
/component/xxx/xdocs.

If we agree on the format, I will start creating
subtasks in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-389 for
people to sign up.  We have quite a bit of work to do
for the documentation content.  There is some good
content in the WIKI that we will need to incorporate
in the formal documentation as well.

I look forward to your feedback.

Regards,

David Le Strat

________________________
David Le Strat
Blogging @ http://dlsthoughts.blogspot.com

Re: [j2] Site Documentation Changes

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Testing known and unkown configurations is also a helpful topic that can be
developed on a wiki. The wiki is the ideal place for user and developer
contributions. Sorry this is getting off topic. But a document on know
configurations can be included in the site doc.

Philip

Posted by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com>.
Philip,

Thanks for the feedback, we will definitely need to
incorporate the changes you suggest.  What I would
like to do next, after we get some more feedback is
to:

1.  Commit the changes I made to CVS.
2.  Incorporate the work that was done on the WIKI.
3.  Set up detailed subtasks of pages for people to
sign up and contribute documentation. And provide
patches for specific pages.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

David Le Strat