Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bernhard Merkle <ne...@merkleonline.de> on 2006/07/13 08:23:43 UTC

WinSVN or WinCVS equivalent for SVN ?

Hi there,

the subject says all:
I am searching a powerfull SVN client on windows, like WinCVS for CVS.
Is there something like WinSVN or a equivalent for SVN ?

I know of TortoiseSVN and RapidSVN, also SVNExplorer but non of this
clients is powerfull like the WinCVS gui. (IMO).

Administrators or power users really love guis like WinCVS, so when they
switch from CVS to SVN they are missing lots of features, etc...

there seems to be a WinSVN project name but no releases yet...
(for some time)

kind regards,
Bernhard.

Re: WinSVN or WinCVS equivalent for SVN ?

Posted by Tobias Schäfer <to...@gmx.de>.
On Tuesday 28 November 2006 11:40, dajtw wrote:
> Can I ask if tortoise allows flat structure display of a directory like
> WinCVS?  For example to display every single 'modified' file that needs
> commiting across the entire directory structure?  This is the one thing
> that keeps me using WinCVS and I think tortoise cvs doesn't have...

If you call "Commit" or "Check for modifications" on a directory you will
recursively see all files which are modified or added.
Unversioned, unmodified and ignored files can optionally be shown in
the "Check for modifications" dialog.
Unversioned files can optionally be shown in the "Commit" dialog.

Tobias

--
       ___
  oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"

Re: WinSVN or WinCVS equivalent for SVN ?

Posted by dajtw <wo...@mcheung.com>.

Posted by Eric Hanchrow <of...@blarg.net>.

Posted by Ashutosh Mohanty <as...@syncad.com>.
In my view ,go for Tortoise-SVN, it is powerfull enough, for everything, URL
: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org

Enjoy!!

Posted by v4r4n <co...@gmail.com>.
I'd just like to add, if you don't mind the overhead, Eclipse/Subclipse to
the possible Windows Subversion options.

Posted by Eric Hanchrow <of...@blarg.net>.

Posted by Dirk <no...@web.de>.
Samuel Langlois wrote:
>>Administrators or power users really love guis like WinCVS, so when they
>>switch from CVS to SVN they are missing lots of features, etc...
>>

> I was in the same situation, and looked at quite a few Subversion clients.
> In no specific order: subcommander, RapidSVN, PySVN, SmartSVN, QSVN, ...
>
> None of them is as advanced as TortoiseSVN is, but you might have a look
> at subcommander, which is the one I eventually recommended to WinCVS lovers:
> http://subcommander.tigris.org/
> It has a nice diff tool, and a complete documentation is available.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Samuel

cmdline is a nice svn interface. It's available for almost every
platform and it works everywhere the same. It supports even scripting to
automate things.

Dirk

RE: WinSVN or WinCVS equivalent for SVN ?

Posted by Samuel Langlois <sl...@ilog.fr>.