Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by og0815 <ol...@gg-net.de> on 2014/04/27 22:24:09 UTC

EntityManager via JNDI Name

Hi,

I'm playing around a bit and was wondering if it is possible to discover an
EntityManager via SessionContext.lookup ?

Or if it is possible to bind an existing one to a jndi name.

Didn't find any example of this.

Thanx,
Olli

Re: EntityManager via JNDI Name

Posted by og0815 <ol...@gg-net.de>.
Hi,

thanx again for the idea, but this is definitely the wrong road to take.
I'll see what I can make out of granitds.

Regards and keep up the good work,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
what I'd do (but it is not portable) is to create a custom resource
creating a proxy on a entity manager. Then I'd declare it in a
resources.xml. Then the name is openejb:Resource/id-of-the-resource

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau