Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Zonsheine <dz...@mercadosw.com> on 2003/03/06 15:40:29 UTC

A question

Hello All,

I am using SOAP 2.2 with TOMCAT 4.1.

I encountered the following problem:

My SOAP server and my GUI JSPs are installed on the same TOMCAT server
(same JVM).

Now, everything goes on just fine. I am using the GUI which makes a lot
of SOAP calls to the SOAP server.

Everything is fine until I leave the system for a few days (the
weekend).

When I came back I saw that I can't connect to my GUI anymore.

What I get is the following error:

Action GetList has failed. Details: Error opening socket: Connection
timed out: connect at....

A few more interesting points:

1.            When I try to call the SOAP server using a command line
client I
have everything is fine. I get good results.
2.            I make the SOAP calls using a SOAP client class I wrote.
In the
JSPs I have the client class as a bean:
            <jsp:useBean id="om"
class="com.mercado.s2002.management.ssoap.MngSoapClient"
scope="application"/>.
            Maybe this has something to do with the failure.
3.            When I tried to write a JSP with a single line that open a
socket to the SOAP server URL I got the same error.

I thought that this has something to do with the fact the system was
idle for hours but when I scheduled the system to run every 30 minutes
for a few days I got the same exception after about 20 hours.

Do you have any idea?

This is a critical issue for me, every idea can help.

Thank you very much,

David