Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com> on 2008/06/04 13:48:45 UTC

[FINALISED SCHEDULE] London Wicket Event at Google UK, tonight

Here's the schedule for tonight:

18:15 Pizza
18:30 Cemal - Welcome, Schedule
18:35 Richard - "Wicket Overlay Panel For Google Maps"
19:00 Cemal & Al - Round the room (30 seconds each: introduction, what you
are doing with Wicket)
19:15 Cemal - Announcements/Draw details and then "More Control Using Select
And SelectOption"
19:30 Ian - "Stateless vs Stateful"
19:50 A short break & a little bit of easy mingling
20:00 Wille - "Using The 'Open Session In View' (OSIV) Pattern For Wicket
Applications"
20:30 Al - "Wicket Photo Gallery"
followed by a bit of Q&A and a trip to a local recreational establishment.

Regards - Cemal
http://jWeekend.co.uk http://jWeekend.co.uk

Re: [FINALISED SCHEDULE] London Wicket Event at Google UK, tonight

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
We've had mixed success with our video technology - we will try again
tonight.

I suggested the topic to Ian, who kindly put some thoughts down for a brief
presentation. Having seen the slides, it seems the key points are now
covered, but I find this is an area where there is a lack of clear
definitions/advice (in one place anyway) and is a constant source of
questions from our students.

If someone has any resources, or wants to make a list of the main points to
consider (login page/hotspot, bookmarkability, scalability, page-params,
stateless hints etc...) apart from the useful links to the wiki-page, please
feel free to reply to this post of to start a new thread - I'm sure the
information collected will help many.

Regards - Cemal
http://jWekend.co.uk http://jWekend.co.uk

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> Is there a webcast?  I'm interested in the Stateless vs. Stateful

Me too.

Eelco

Re: [FINALISED SCHEDULE] London Wicket Event at Google UK, tonight

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.