Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Aparna Sundari <ap...@cmcltd.com> on 2003/12/10 08:43:12 UTC

How to set a screen in Action class

hello all,

i am currently using turbine with velocity in my project.

First page will be displayed in which the use will have the following
options

<link>English

<link>Hindi

<link>Telugu

On Clicking one of these pages..an action class called login.java is
invoked.

Actual code is:

<a
href="$link.setAction("mainframes").addQueryData("lang","eng")")">English</a

in the actionclass , i should set another page..

i tried it out by calling data.setPage("some.vm")
where data is a Rundata object here..but i could not set it.

can anybody help me out in this??

thanks in advance,
regards,
aparna.

Re: How to set a screen in Action class

Posted by Johnny Quazar <qu...@bitblaster.com>.
Some of my actions end with code like this:

// Return to the appropriate place... either the default
// or maybe to a specified screen

String returnScreen = data.getParameters().getString("returnScreen");
if (returnScreen != null) {
   if (returnScreen.length() != 0) {
     //System.out.println("Returning to " + returnScreen);
     TemplateScreen.setTemplate(data, returnScreen);
    }
}

HTH... I would think you'd want to put the language choice in a cookie.

[snip]

one-to-many Joins

Posted by Eigen Technology Pty Ltd <mi...@eigentechnology.com>.
There could have an answer to this question in the archive, I may not have
put in the right search string to find it. Would appreciate if anyone
could point me to one if he/she knows its existence.

My simple question on Join Table:

How do I join two or more tables with Foreign Key(s) pointing to a common
Table?

            Criteria criteria = new Criteria();
            criteria.addJoin(TABLE_B.Ref_A_ID, TABLE_A.ID);
            criteria.addJoin(TABLE_A.ID, TABLE_C.Ref_A_ID);
            return (TABLE_C.doSelect(criteria));

did not work.

e.g.  Table_B and Table_C have foreign-keys (Ref_A_ID) referencing to ID
in Table_A.

Table A
ID
Col_A1
Col_A2

Table B
ID
Ref_A_ID
Col_B1

Table C
ID
Ref_A_ID
Col_C1

Thanks
michael

Re: How to set a screen in Action class

Posted by "m. lin" <mi...@eigentechnology.com>.
> Actual code is:
>
> <a
> href="$link.setAction("mainframes").addQueryData("lang","eng")")">English</a
>
> in the actionclass , i should set another page..
>
> i tried it out by calling data.setPage("some.vm")
> where data is a Rundata object here..but i could not set it.

Not sure I understand your question, but:

data.setPage("some.vm")   is used in a class file, I hope you have not got
them mixed up.

cheers
michael