Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2004/04/22 06:55:39 UTC

[net] commons-net.1.2.0-rc1

okay, I've pushed the site and built the candidate release.
I have followed the instructions here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html

about uploading the candidate release:

Now tag (for example FOO_1_2_RC1) and build distributions from that tag (as
per full release). For commons components, it's usually unnecessary to post
the release candidate on the main release site. (It's usually good enough to
upload it into the public folder ~/public_html in your home directory on
cvs.apache.org.)

I have done this.  It's unclear to me that anyone else can access the release
there, so let me know.  This may once again be a case of stale instructions.

Once I have a clear sense of "uploading the candidate release" I will propose
a vote on releasing 1.2.0.

Re: [net] commons-net.1.2.0-rc1

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com>.
This does seem ridiculous.  Recreating the entire jar & dist plugin (
approximately 280 lines ) in each project just to get a two line file
(NOTICE.txt) included in the jar and distributions?

I don't see an issue logged against the dist plugin or the jar plugin
in maven's jira ( although I am jira challenged ).

We should just write a commons-dist plugin or something if the
standard stuff won't do.  Or better yet, lets just put the two lines
from the NOTICE.txt into the README.txt.

Re: [net] commons-net.1.2.0-rc1

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.

Re: [net] commons-net.1.2.0-rc1

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.