Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Emmanuel Sowah <es...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/06 21:35:49 UTC

Tapestry 6

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Emmanuel Sowah <es...@gmail.com>
Date: Dec 6, 2007 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: T5: Anyone using PageTester?
To: Tapestry users <us...@tapestry.apache.org>

Howard,

I'm using PageTester as well so be warned and don't break things.

I think this habit of yours of breaking things you think should be done
differently is bad indeed. It is this habit that had endured sufferings and
almost an impossible task for anyone trying to migrate from any pre T5 to
T5. I heard there is a secret work on T6 that would be almost incompatible
with all previous versions. Why do you always have to re-invent the wheel? I
hope you would one day learn from the decent open source projects out there
like Spring and Hibernate. These guys are geniuses! They take on the
challenging task of remaining backward compatible while providing great new
features instead of always choosing the easier and trivial path of starting
afresh, like you've demonstrated so far with any major release of Tapestry.

Re: Tapestry 6

Posted by Andy Huhn <am...@insightbb.com>.
I'm curious, Emmanuel...how much have you contributed to Tapestry?

Re: Tapestry 6

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@thedailytube.com>.
-1 troll fud... too bad you can't vote down email list comments.

On Dec 6, 2007 12:35 PM, Emmanuel Sowah <es...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.

Re: Tapestry 6

Posted by "com.liigo@gmail.com" <co...@gmail.com>.
在 Fri, 07 Dec 2007 05:49:05 +0800,Thiago HP <th...@gmail.com> 写道:

> On 12/6/07, Emmanuel Sowah <es...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think this habit of yours of breaking things you think should be done
>> differently is bad indeed. It is this habit that had endured sufferings
>> and
>> almost an impossible task for anyone trying to migrate from any pre T5
>> T5.
>
> Tapestry 5 doesn't have a final, stable release, so everybody working
> with
> it cannot take for granted that everything will always be the same. ;)
>
>> I heard there is a secret work on T6 that would be almost incompatible
>> with all previous versions.

he is rumormongering

Re: Tapestry 6

Posted by Thiago HP <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tapestry 6

Posted by Marcus <mv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Emmanuel,

If T5 still in alpha, what T6 will be? pre-alpha?  :)
I don't think so, just rumour.
In my opinion T5 is the best framework available.
I believe in Howard's work.

Marcus

Re: Tapestry 6

Posted by Angelo Turetta <at...@bestunion.it>.
Emmanuel Sowah wrote:
> [...]

Brrrr.... scaring :)

> I heard there is a secret work on T6

> Why do you always have to re-invent the wheel?

> like you've demonstrated so far with any major release of Tapestry.

Here it is: Welcome to the Christmas troll!
(for those interested, please browse the list archive around december
20th last year)

Angelo.