Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Abhishek Kumar <Ab...@shapeblue.com> on 2022/08/02 17:37:59 UTC

[PROPOSE] CloudStack 4.17.1.0 release and RM

Hi all,

I would like to propose and put myself forward as the release manager for the 4.17.1.0 release. My colleague Nicolas Vazquez will support me as the co-RM for the PR reviews/tests/merges, and others are welcome to support as well.
We can keep the scope limited to include only bugs, critical issues and fixes for a stable release. I see about 89 closed issues/PRs already on the 4.17.1.0 milestone[1] and some 24 items are remaining.

I propose the following timeline, aiming to cut the first RC around the end of August.
     - ~3 weeks from now till late August 2022 (Ongoing): Accept all bugs, issues and minor improvements allowed in LTS [2]
     - 1 week: Accept only critical/blocker fixes, stabilize 4.17 branch
     - end-August 2022 and onwards: Cut 4.17.1.0 RC1 and further RCs if necessary, start/conclude vote, and finish release work

Please let me know if you have any thoughts/comments.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/milestone/25
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LTS

Regards,
Abhishek

Re: [PROPOSE] CloudStack 4.17.1.0 release and RM

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
LGTM thanks Abhishek!

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez

From: Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>
Date: Wednesday, 3 August 2022 at 13:31
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [PROPOSE] CloudStack 4.17.1.0 release and RM
+1, thanks for volunteering Abhishek. You'll do a great job.

---
Nux
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
LGTM thanks Abhishek!

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 thanks for volunteering, looks good to me.

Regards.

Regards.
Looks good Abhishek and thanks for volunteering.

Regards,
Harikrishna

Posted by Alex Mattioli <Al...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 on all below, I think you'll be a great RM.

Posted by Alex Mattioli <Al...@shapeblue.com>.