Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by David Cargill <ca...@ca.ibm.com> on 2005/10/07 15:04:12 UTC

Building Xerces-c 3.0

Hi,
Are there any plans to update the documentation for how to build Xerces-c
3.0?  The instructions in build-winunix.xml still refer to using the
runConfigure scripts which no longer exist.  I need to update the
packageBinaries.pl script to use the new build infrastructure so I need to
know how the build works....

Regards,
David A. Cargill
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
(905) 413-2371, tie 969
cargilld@ca.ibm.com

Re: Building Xerces-c 3.0

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
David, Gareth,

At 11.01 23/10/2005 +0100, Gareth Reakes wrote:
>Hey,
>
>     Did anyone take this on? It is rather important to communicate
>how to build!

I'll try to answer...
- on *nix system, it should be enough to invoke

$ ./configure
$ make

"configure" will use ICU if available, and pick up the best network
interface found (libcurl, libwww, or socket). If the needed libraries
are not in the usual place, they can be specified by using
disabled using the usual --disable-transcoder-icu,
--disable-netaccessor-curl, --disable-netaccessor-libwww.
It creates a Makefile for both static and shared library, unless
--disable-static is specified

- on Windows platform, the project files that run for sure are the
Visual C++ 6, Visual Studio .NET 2003 (a.k.a. VC7.1) and Borland
5.51. The VC7.1 solution has a configuration for the static build. If
the projects need to be changed to enable ICU, the macros are now
called XERCES_USE_TRANSCODER_ICU and XERCES_USE_MSGLOADER_ICU (that
should replace XERCES_USE_TRANSCODER_WINDOWS and XERCES_USE_WIN32_MSGLOADER)

Let me know if something is missing,
Alberto

Re: Building Xerces-c 3.0

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@embracemobile.com>.