Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Steven Lembark <le...@wrkhors.com> on 2001/02/13 03:01:06 UTC

alarm w/in mod_perl?

does apache swallow SIGALRM during its normal operation?
can't find any reference to alarm or ALRM in eagle; doesn't
mean i havn't missed something...

using:

	sub blah
	{
		recalculate time-based items that change hourly;
		alarm $next_time_to_run - time;

		$next_time_to_run;
	}
	sig{ALRM} = \&blah;

gets me nowhere, so far as i can tell.  messages printed to
STDERR get output then the sub is first run; reducing the time
to 10 seconds doesn't generate 6 records / minute.

i can imaging apache using ALRM for its own purposes, leaving
me stuck with $cutoff = blah if( time > $cutoff ) every time
i pass through the routine (blech).

--
 Steven Lembark                                   2930 W. Palmer St.
                                                 Chicago, IL  60647

Re: alarm w/in mod_perl?

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

SL> does apache swallow SIGALRM during its normal operation?
SL> can't find any reference to alarm or ALRM in eagle; doesn't
SL> mean i havn't missed something...

go to the guide, and type "alarm" in the first search box (the
nextrieve search) and then read the first result document, near the
bottom.