Posted to users@maven.apache.org by je...@gssd.com.cn on 2005/11/24 09:59:06 UTC

Cannot override read-only parameter: classesDirectory in goal: war:war

Dear all:
       I met with a problem when create war package. the war plugin in my
pom.xml is
 <plugins>
    <plugin>

         <configuration>
          <warSourceDirectory>src/java/</warSourceDirectory>
          <warName>xxx</warName>
          <warSourceDirectory>src/webapp</warSourceDirectory>
          <outputDirectory>src/target</outputDirectory>
          <classesDirectory>src/target/classes</classesDirectory>
          <webappDirectory>src/webapp</webappDirectory>
        </configuration>

      </plugin>

when mvn package, the error message:
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Error configuring: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin.
Reason: ERR
OR: Cannot override read-only parameter: classesDirectory in goal: war:war
[INFO]

how to solve this problem?
 Thank you!
Regards
Jerry Tao

Hactl..........Moving forward with you.

Best Air Cargo Terminal - Asia 2005
Air Cargo Terminal of the Year 2002, 2003 & 2004

Web: http://www.hactl.com

DISCLAIMER :-
The information contained in this message, including any attachment, is
confidential and may also be privileged. The information is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
re-transmission, copying, storage, distribution or other use or disclosure
of this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender immediately by return email and delete this message from
your system. Thank you.

Re: Cannot override read-only parameter: classesDirectory in goal: war:war

Posted by Nik Gonzalez <ng...@exist.com>.
Hi,

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/FAQs
Please see the answer to the question:

      Why am I getting the following error when I run the <plugin_name>:
      "ERROR: Cannot override read-only parameter: <parameter_name>"?

-Nik