Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eqbal <eq...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/07 00:51:24 UTC

mod_jk and 304

I have tomcat running behind apache http server 2.0 using mod_jk. I have noticed that this causes any response to request for files in tomcat that return a 304 status code, to also have a 20 byte message body attached to the response. This causes our load balancer to think this is an error as according to rfc2616 304s must NOT contain any message body.

If I directly go to file in docroot of the webserver, there is no problem, but if files are requested from tomcat via mod_jk,  it is causing issues.

Anyone faced this issue?
I am using tomcat 5.5.16, with apache 2.0.59 on suse linux 9.

Thanks

Re: mod_jk and 304

Posted by Eqbal <eq...@yahoo.com>.
Yes I tested on newer version as well, but could not reproduce it there. The extra bytes are not content and they are always the same regardless of what resource is requested. How do I find the mod_jk version? It came with the suse distribution. I tried debug logging, but that didn't spit the version.

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.

Re: mod_jk and 304

Posted by Eqbal <eq...@yahoo.com>.