Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Robert J. Liguori" <ca...@gliesian.com> on 2011/07/30 06:24:39 UTC

Camel and XMLBeans

I noticed that Camel has support for Apache XMLBeans.

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with the Apache XMLBeans
project.

Is it dead?  Has it been replaced with newer technologies?

What's going on?

Note: I noticed that the build releases, mailing lists, documentation,
etc. for Apache XMLBeans are all stalled (in a obvious sense).

The reason I ask, is that I'm trying to decide between using JAXB and
XMLBeans, in relationship to Camel components.

Thanks!

--
Sincerely,
Robert J. Liguori

Re: Camel and XMLBeans

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> My suggestion is use JAXB but not XMLBeans if your project not based on
> XMLBeans before.
> An actively developed project like JAXB is definitely more suitable for your
> new project, you can get better support when you encounter issues.

There is also XStream which is active maintained project.
http://xstream.codehaus.org/

It allows to marshal without any descriptor files or annotations at
all, if you can rely on its convention over configuration.

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: Camel and XMLBeans

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.