Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2003/04/11 20:59:04 UTC

license nagging: merlin

Hi,

the recent maven refactoring ment the license got lost in merlin
(again). Please always make sure that all distributions contain a valid
LICENSE.txt at their root, and that all jars contain the same
LICENSE.txt in their META-INF/ directory.

Finally, it is a good idea to refer to this license in the README.txt
and on the project website (though we violate that good idea nearly
everywhere :D).

cheers,

- Leo, Chief Executive In Charge Of Periodic License Nagging

Re: license nagging: merlin

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
All fixed!

Jar files created as part of the Melrin dist now contain the ASL license.
In addition the license is now included in the site:

  http://avalon.apache.org/sandbox/merlin/license.html

Cheers, Steve.

Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Leo Simons wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the recent maven refactoring ment the license got lost in merlin
>> (again). Please always make sure that all distributions contain a
>> valid LICENSE.txt at their root, and that all jars contain the same
>> LICENSE.txt in their META-INF/ directory.
>

> This should happen automatically as part of the Maven build.  I just
> checked the jars and - yes - some of them don;t have the license but
> some do - for example merlin-cli does - which is kind of odd because
> its being built in a reactor build so it should be the same as the
> rest.  I'll look into it.
>

>> Finally, it is a good idea to refer to this license in the README.txt
>> and on the project website (though we violate that good idea nearly
>> everywhere :D).
>

> License is included in the distribution but there does appear to be a
> problem with the Avalon site build.  I'm generating a local site using
> some different scripts and it gets imported correctly.  My guess is
> that this is probably related to the above issue concerning the
> license in the jars.
>
> I'm digging.
>
> Cheers, Steve.
>

>> cheers,
>>
>> - Leo, Chief Executive In Charge Of Periodic License Nagging

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org
http://www.osm.net

Re: license nagging: merlin