Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sean Hamilton <se...@seanhamilton.co.uk> on 2013/10/07 10:54:05 UTC

Windows Server 2012

Does anyone know where the prerequisites are listed for running Windows
Server 2012 in ACS 4.2?

I'm running:
vCenter 5.0 Update 1a
vSphere hosts at 5.0 Update 2

I'm seeing that when I upload a 2012 template and mark it as that, the vms
created have a guest OS type as "Windows Server 2008 R2 (64bit)" rather
than Server 2012 (or Windows Server 8).

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Windows Server 2012

Posted by Sean Hamilton <se...@seanhamilton.co.uk>.
Hey guys,

Thanks for that, it's helpful.
I was running vCenter 5.0 update 1a, which uses "Windows Server 8" after
upgrading to to vCenter 5.0 update 2 I can see Windows Server 2012 as a
guest OS type but now after deploying an instance in CloudStack I see it's
created the vm as "Other (64bit)" - any ideas on what's going on?

Cheers,
Sean

Re: Windows Server 2012

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.