Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Daniel Holm <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/21 14:53:09 UTC

Issue with replacing default header value

Hello everyone!
I'm trying to replace the value of some of my default headers on a per
request basis, but I'm not sure how to do this.

I'm setting the default headers on the client using :

client.getParams().setParameter(ClientPNames.DEFAULT_HEADERS, headers);

On some requests I need to replace the value of some of the default headers,
I do this like so:

request.setHeader(HttpHeaders.ACCEPT, "application/json");

When executing the request it has duplicate headers, one with the default
value and one with the new value. I would rather want to replace the default
value with the new one, how do I do this?

/Daniel

Re: Issue with replacing default header value

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 14:53 +0200, Daniel Holm wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> I'm trying to replace the value of some of my default headers on a per
> request basis, but I'm not sure how to do this.
>
> I'm setting the default headers on the client using :
>
> client.getParams().setParameter(ClientPNames.DEFAULT_HEADERS, headers);
>
> On some requests I need to replace the value of some of the default headers,
> I do this like so:
>
> request.setHeader(HttpHeaders.ACCEPT, "application/json");
>
> When executing the request it has duplicate headers, one with the default
> value and one with the new value. I would rather want to replace the default
> value with the new one, how do I do this?
>
> /Daniel

Daniel

The RequestDefaultHeaders protocol interceptor only adds fields but
never replaces those that are already there.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/httpclient/src/main/java/org/apache/http/client/protocol/RequestDefaultHeaders.java

You need to remove the RequestDefaultHeaders interceptor and replace it
with a custom one if you want default headers to be handled differently.

Oleg