Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/03 10:03:36 UTC

Re: Apache Camel 3.7 LTS Release in December 2020

Hi

I am still working on the csimple language. There are some more work needed.
And the JIRA has 33 tickets for 3.7. It would be good to get some more
work done, or move to 3.8.
I am afraid that we need another week of development to be ready.

Gregor if you are listening when is a good time for you to cut the release ?

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 1:15 PM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Next month (december) we should aim to get a new 3.7 LTS release out.
>
> So lets start to close down on remaining work, and get CI stable.
>
> I am currently working on compiled simple language (preview) for 3.7
> which is an effort that takes all of this week.
>
> The JIRA has 43 tickets assigned
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CAMEL%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.7.0%20AND%20statusCategory%20%3D%20new
>
> Some of those can likely be moved to 3.8, as usual we dont have time
> to complete all those tickets.
>
> Lets try to take 2 weeks of development and then see if we are ready
> for cutting the RC.
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Gregor,
not necessary, it's just needed to publish the docs on the website. I
don't think it matters that we would ship the source with `latest`
instead of `3.7.0` in the descriptors, this won't affect anyone
really. I'd rather not interrupt your work right now, you have plenty
to do regardless of this.

After the release I can go and update the `camel-3.7.x` branches and
the website configuration.

zoran

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Apache Camel 3.7 LTS Release in December 2020

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.
Hey Zoran,

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Gregor,

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.
Hi Everyone,

Posted by JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Fair enough.

Regards
JB

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Yeah, I agree, I'll try to make some progress on this to make it
available in the next patch release of 3.7.

zoran

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Apache Camel 3.7 LTS Release in December 2020

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Salesforce streaming issue

Posted by Jeremy Ross <je...@gmail.com>.
Nice work!

Posted by "Ajmera, Hemang C" <he...@cgi.com>.
Hi
   Thanks I got the details. I may try it out tomorrow after ci/cd does the build.

Thanks and Regards,
Hemang Ajmera

Posted by "Ajmera, Hemang C" <he...@cgi.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by "Ajmera, Hemang C" <he...@cgi.com>.
Hi

Posted by "Ajmera, Hemang C" <he...@cgi.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update Zoran.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update Zoran.

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Cameleers,

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Cameleers,

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Another update, I've pushed what I have to a branch called
`issue/CAMEL-12871` the implementation of the stub server and
integration test for two cases. In both cases streaming seems to have
continued, that is, I haven't reproduced the issue. I also included a
fix to release listeners/subscribers and close channels when stopping
the SubscriptionHelper. I think this might help also.

My hypothesis is that a way to reproduce the issue is to half-close
the TCP connection, i.e. without getting a packet with the FIN flag
from the server, which might be the case in the reproducer provided by
Andy. But I don't think I have that capability using Java.

Next, I think I'll try to reproduce this using Andy's steps, i.e.
using the firewall to simulate an outage and dig into the network
traffic to determine what actually happens.

I'd like to get feedback, i.e. am I simulating the outage correctly
via the stub server, and do the tests prove correct behaviour.

zoran

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update Zoran.

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Cameleers,
Small update on this, I'm taking the approach of building a custom
server for this, using WireMock is a dead end as WireMock expects all
streaming attempts.

I did manage to get a PipedInput/Output streams do I can push data
from the test into the response, but WireMock needs to log the
response (for later assertions) and that leads to blocking. Also it
seems that it will not flush the response output stream until the end
of the stream, so even if I bypass the logging the behaviour of the
streaming bit could be unpredictable and depend on the buffer sizes
and the like.

zoran

--
Zoran Regvart

Salesforce streaming issue

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi JB,

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Apache Camel 3.7 LTS Release in December 2020

Posted by JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hey Zoran

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gregore

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 4:09 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:

> For rawPayload on salesforce, it’s ready to be merged. I just want to update the documentation (doing it).

Hi JB

Can you work on the last review comments so the PR is ready to merge.
We are closing in and would like to be as ready as possible to cut the
RC soon.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
I'm still working on some stuff related to AWS and minor things related to
docs.

By the way another week would be good.

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Omar Al-Safi <om...@oalsafi.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I’m on the rawPayload support on camel-salesforce (should be done during the week end).

Regards
JB