Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/09 04:52:57 UTC

Migration from JavaCC?

Hello,

Considering that WebGain is no longer in business and that JavaCC is no
longer supported and cannot be downloaded, do you think that a
migration from JavaCC to a different tool would be in order?

If so, what tool would we migrate to?
  ANTLR - http://www.antlr.org/ ?

And also, does anyone know ANTLR well enough to make this move?  I
don't.

Otis

Re: Migration from JavaCC?

Posted by Brian Goetz <br...@quiotix.com>.
You can still download JavaCC at:
http://www.webgain.com/download/javacc/details.html

--
Brian Goetz
Quiotix Corporation

http://www.quiotix.com

Re: Migration from JavaCC?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Ok, I didn't know that.  That would be less work for us.

Otis

Re: Migration from JavaCC?

Posted by Brian Goetz <br...@quiotix.com>.

Re: Migration from JavaCC?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I've read about Oracle's purchase of TopLink and somebody else
purchasing WebGain's IDE, but I haven't heard anything about JavaCC.
Have you?
Sure, it may be early, this was more of a reminder for people to keep
in mind and think about.

Also, what happens with new users of Lucene, how do they get a hold of
a copy of JavaCC?  Maybe we should stick the copy of it back in lib/,
so that new users of Lucene can get it easily.

Re: Migration from JavaCC?

Posted by Brian Goetz <br...@quiotix.com>.