Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2020/08/07 07:30:25 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Upgrade HBase connector to 2.2.x

It seems that this thead is not on dev@ anymore. Adding it back ...

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
Hi, all

I’m +1 to support HBase 2.x and also keep the HBase1.x in flink project.

IIRC,  HBase1.x  is still widely used in production  in the early discussion of this thread according to HBase PMC memeber Yu Li and OpenInx’s investigation.
Moving HBase1.x connector to Bahir means the HBase1.x connector will lose the timely support from Flink community in my opinion, I’m slightly -1 for this.

Best
Leonard Xu

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
Hi, all

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I am also fairly torn on this one, however unless we are vigilant in
keeping the flink repository relatively lean the number of modules will
just keep increasing and pose an increasingly greater maintainability
challenge.
Less frequently used connectors are a strong candidate to be maintained in
bahir-flink and/or via flink-packages.org (I do not support creating a

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.