Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Marc Murphy <mw...@rogers.com> on 2002/11/18 07:01:37 UTC

configuration directives -> writing to table after initial handler

When a configuration directive is encountered in httpd.conf, and the
handler sets some values in the hash reference it gets, are those values
somehow reloaded when a new request is made?

I've tried modifying them by first using Apach:ModuleConfig->get($r,
Modulename), but then seem to keep going back to the values that were
originally set by the handler.  I don't know much yet but I think the
handler called by the configuration directive only runs when the server
starts.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  The only thing I've been able to find
about this is some chapter out of the modperl cookbook but it doesn't
say anything about whether you are supposed to modify them after they
are set.  ???