Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by harikiran <ha...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/08 09:55:31 UTC

regarding xerces j parser

hello,
Am facing a problem when using the Xerces parser bundeled with xalan 2.7.
when the xml is parsed, a version attribute is associated with every element
in the xml.
this version attribute has the value 1.0.
my guessing is it is including the  version from <?xml version="1.0">(am not
sure though).
Is this some problem with my parser settings or configurations?
I have set the name space awareness and validation fields to true.

could u please let me know if am missing out something.

thanks,
hari

Re: regarding xerces j parser

Posted by Dick Deneer <di...@donkeydevelopment.com>.
Hari,

I can only explain this  when the schema specifies version attributes
with default values ( equal to 1.0) for every element.
So please check your schema if this is the case.

Regards
Dick Deneer
Op 8-feb-2007, om 9:55 heeft harikiran het volgende geschreven: