Posted to xmlbeans-cvs@xml.apache.org by xm...@xml.apache.org on 2004/07/02 19:40:31 UTC

[Apache XMLBeans Wiki] New: TopLevelToDo

   Date: 2004-07-02T10:40:30
   Editor: DaveRemy <da...@bea.com>
   Wiki: Apache XMLBeans Wiki
   Page: TopLevelToDo

   no comment

New Page:

##language:en
#pragma section-numbers off

== To Do List for XMLBeans Top Level ==

=== Leaving Incubation tasks ===

 * remove the incubation disclaimer from the README files

 * remove the incubation disclaimer from the READMEs in v.1.0.3, which we've already approved for release. '''Cezar: done'''

 * change the filename for 1.0.3 to remove the 'incubating' token.  '''Cezar: done'''

 * post the 1.0.3 release on http://www.apache.org/dist/ site and link to it from our web site '''Cezar: in process'''

 * remove all incubation disclaimers, references, and banners from the web site.  '''Rem: todo'''

 * send out an announce mail about 1.0.3 and incubation graduation '''Cliff: in process'''

=== TLP Tasks ===

 * draft a charter for our new project (I've sent out a draft before; I'll try to resend on a new thread to get some    discussion.) '''Cliff and Rem: todo'''

 * move our site to xmlbeans.apache.org.  This would also be consistent with the java package namespace we are already   using.  '''Rem: todo'''

 * redirect xml.apache.org/xmlbeans to the new site '''Rem: todo'''

 * update the xml.apache.org site's references to our site  '''Rem: todo'''

 * update to incubator site to show we've graduated '''Rem: todo'''

 * move our mailing lists and archives as shown below:  '''Rem: todo'''
   -  xmlbeans-dev at xml.apache.org-> dev at xmlbeans.apache.org
   -  xmlbeans-user at xml.apache.org-> user at xmlbeans.apache.org
   -  xmlbeans-ppmc at incubator.apache.org-> pmc at xmlbeans.apache.org

 * work with others in the XML community on what this XML federation should be all about (e.g. how can we help link to other XML sites, etc.)  '''Cliff: ongoing'''

 * consider changing our CVS root from xml-xmlbeans to xmlbeans. '''Rem: todo''', ''rem: This may be coupled with moving to subversion (if that is what we choose).''

 * consider finally getting a project logo '''Rem: todo'''