Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@covalent.net> on 1999/02/17 23:26:44 UTC

FW: Porting to Windows CE

Not acked.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Dycus [mailto:ddycus@exesoft.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 1999 2:22 PM
To: Apache@apache.org
Subject: Porting to Windows CE

I apologize if this is not the correct address.  I found this address
in the
porting file of the 1.3.4 release.

My company is creating an HTML server for Windows CE and we are
considering
using Apache as a base.  Is there already a port (probably from the
win32
version) to the CE platform underway?

Also, are you considering changing to C++ anytime soon?  Perhaps just
for
new modules?

Thank you,
-Dale
www.exesoft.net

RE: FW: Porting to Windows CE

Posted by David D'Antonio <Da...@newsedge.com>.

I haven't looked at WinCE for a while, but (at least in version 1.0) it most
certainly
did NOT implement all of the Win32 API. And many of the parts it didn't
implement
also didn't return any sort of error to let you know they failed!

> If it doesn't, we'd be happy to consider whatever patches are necessary to
> run there.
>
> Also, it should be possible to write plug-ins to the Apache API in C++.
>
> 	Brian

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@NewsEdge.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell

Re: FW: Porting to Windows CE

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>.