Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by aronitin <AR...@YAHOO.COM> on 2011/10/07 21:03:44 UTC

How to control the order of partial matches based on the position

Hi All,

I'm using SOLR/Lucene to index few keywords in a dynamic fields in the. The
data that is being stored in the indexes is already mined to remove the
noise and occurrences and is very precise. All the text mining and filtering
steps are already performed before indexing.

Whenever a user search for a specific keyword e.g. query: "user feedback"
and if a partial match happens like
"user testing" and "search user" in 2 documents. I want to control the rank
of the documents based on the position where the match has happened.

Can somebody point out how can we achieve the same thing?

Thanks
Nitin