Posted to general@attic.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2014/05/12 03:59:02 UTC

Proposed board report, May 2014

Any +1s?

-----
No activity to report in the Attic since January. ESME and WS-MUSE
retirements are in progress and need completing. The primary issue is that
the retirement instructions need to be updated to cope with changes related
to infrastructure & permissions. Once the hump of 'how' is overcome,
retirements should move forward smoothly again.

The intent of the current chair is to resign, and a new chair has been
identified.
-----

Hen

Re: Proposed board report, May 2014

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Thanks Hen!

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <he...@yandell.org>.
Noting that I've mailed a vote thread to private@attic.

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@rabellino.it>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14 May 2014 08:49, Henk P. Penning <pe...@uu.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2014, Henri Yandell wrote:
>
>> Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 07:42:56 +0200
>> From: Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>
>> To: general@attic.apache.org
>>
>> Subject: Re: Proposed board report, May 2014
>> Sender: hyandell@gmail.com
>>
>> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Henk P. Penning <pe...@uu.nl> wrote:
>

>>>   Ok ; but please mark 'xml' (like 'esme' and 'ws-muse')
>>>        as 'needs completing'.
>

>> Can do. What's left with xml? There was nothing in JIRA for it.
>

> Hi Hen,
>
>   A long time ago I fixed dist/xml :
>
>     http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/
>
>   What;s missing is an attic page :
>
>     http://attic.apache.org/projects/xml.html
>
>   If/when that page is in place, http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/
>   should redirect to it.
>
>   In the past, I could (as root) fix stuff in www.apache.org/dist,
>   but since everything is now 'svnpubsub'ed, I can't anymore.
>   I would gladly fix stuff in dist/ (dist/esme for instance)
>   but I don't know how I can get the permission to do so.

It's not possible to fix the svnpubsubbed areas directly; one has to
update the source SVN tree.

However for the dist/release tree the authz does not seem to be in the
usual templates.
The default is to allow PMC group members write access for dist/release.
I think it needs Infra help to update the karma settings.
Maybe attic-pmc should ask to be granted write access to dist/release?

Posted by "Henk P. Penning" <pe...@uu.nl>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Henk P. Penning" <pe...@uu.nl>.
On Mon, 12 May 2014, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 03:59:02 +0200
> From: Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>
> To: general@attic.apache.org
> Subject: Proposed board report, May 2014
> Sender: hyandell@gmail.com
>
> Any +1s?

   Ok ; but please mark 'xml' (like 'esme' and 'ws-muse')
        as 'needs completing'.

   Groeten,

   HPP