Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by pw...@blackbearsolutions.com, on 2002/09/02 16:01:18 UTC

Re: XMLForm Wizard and Data Access

Is there a way to add more items to the map that a FormWizardAction returns
(i.e. more than just the page parameter)?

Posted by Bobby Mitchell <bm...@niac.usra.edu>.
I have been working with Mod-DB and XMLForm and found that when you use
the DatabaseSelectAction the values selected from the DB are stored in
the request header. If you use <xsp-request:get-attribute-names> it will
give you an attribute name like
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.output.OutputModule:users.name[0]
where names[0] is an array of names based on your select statement, ie.
"select id, names from sometable where id = 1". If only one row is
retrieved then there is only one value in the array. This can be used to
populate the form.

pwcml@blackbearsolutions.com wrote:

>Is there a way to add more items to the map that a FormWizardAction returns
>(i.e. more than just the page parameter)?
>
>On Monday 02 September 2002 12:25 pm, pwcml@blackbearsolutions.com wrote:
>
>>I am trying to create a web application with the XMLForm wizard.
>>I have one major problem though.
>>
>>-- I am having trouble loading data into the jbean from a database
>>(imagine a screen to ident a user and then a screen to modify account
>>data).  As far as I can tell I would have to do the data access in the
>>Action.  I would really like to be able to use other cocoon data
>>functionality to do this.
>>
>>-- Is there any chance that there will be an example using the personnel
>>tables in the near future?  This would be extremely helpful

Robert J. (Bobby) Mitchell
Systems Administrator
NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts
555A 14th St Atlanta, Ga. 30318
Phone: (404)347-9633 Fax: (404)347-9638

Re: XMLForm Wizard and Data Access

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.
Since the form is kept in the request or session, you can access it through
the InputModules.

I don't remember, Do we have the JXPath extension for request and session
input modules?