Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Meadhbh Hayden <me...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/08 18:40:31 UTC

Possible Corrupted File

Hi, today i opened a word file (ODT format) and found that all my text had
been replaced with hashtag (#) symbols. I was also shown an ASCII filter
pop up. I have looked at some support posts in the forum and it seems to me
my file may be corrupted. Is there any way i can get my file back? I have
over 30 pages of writing that i would rather not rewrite!
(p.s; i am not that great with computers so if you have instructions for
me, please use english thanks)

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by John Miller <jr...@gmail.com>.
When I said it would need someone with high skills, all I was trying to do
was spell out the high difficulty level of the problem. I was not trying to
offend or insult anyone
& I was offering anything I could do for free. I was just trying to make
the world a better place
John

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by John Miller <jr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 21/07/17 9:32 AM, John Miller wrote:
> I strongly suggest you get this guy off me

Well you can do it yourself by putting him on your blacklist.

> , or I will Contact the POLICE.

And what are you gone to tell the POLICE?

> He has sent me the iWorm Reddit virus.

How did he do that? His reply was to users@openoffice.apache.org not
even an Cc to you.
And if his email had contained a virus thousands of us should had the
same issue.

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by John Miller <jr...@gmail.com>.
I strongly suggest you get this guy off me, or I will Contact the POLICE.
He has sent me the iWorm Reddit virus. I may not have a PhD in computer

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by John Miller <jr...@gmail.com>.
I guess, it is very true. "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by Steven Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I drown the spiders in my bathtub every morning 🙃

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by Martin Rosenfeld <ro...@ca.rr.com>.
John,

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by Meadhbh Hayden <me...@gmail.com>.

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by John Miller <jr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi John,

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by John Miller <jr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by Peter Hillier-Brook <ph...@hbsys.plus.com>.

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by John Miller <jr...@gmail.com>.
Could you send me an easily contactable email, I may know a good guy in the
field. ABSOLUTELY NO PROMISES
John

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by John Miller <jr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by John Miller <jr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Possible Corrupted File

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Sorry, few chances to repair it. See here however: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=84056

Beware, you're not subscribed to the list.

Hagar