Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by ibatis-new-user <sh...@judiciary.state.nj.us> on 2005/01/11 19:17:21 UTC

Insert for Complex object

Hi,
   I understand that iBATIs 2.0.9 provides a simple way to map ResultSet to
Complex object. (e.g. Category has many Products
                       and Products has Items)

My question is, Can we do same thing for INSERT also??
e.g. If I want to insert Category object using StoredProcedure, what will be
the simplest way to do it in iBATIs?
can we write a ParameterMap for this kind of object mapping?

any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
shilpa

Re: Insert for Complex object

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yes, iBATIS supports stored procedures.  It's fully documented in the
developer guide.

As for cascading updates, that is not supported and probably won't be.
 It's a complex pattern that often ends up doing more damage than
good.

Clinton

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
Why not just use a loop or some other iteration technique? You are
talking about saving 3-4 lines of code per instance, which is not
terribly significant, IMO.