Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Chris Rosner <ch...@gxlinc.com> on 2011/07/19 09:27:44 UTC

STORE INTO replacing contents?

Greetings,

I'm trying to upgrade from 0.7.0 to 0.8.1, but am having some trouble
with existing scripts.

The basic problem I'm trying to solve is storing an alias in to hdfs,
overwriting data that may already exist at that path.

I've been using this pattern in 0.7.0:

fs -rmr /some/output/path/
store a into '/some/output/path/' using PigStorage('\t');

This works fine whether or not the path exists in hdfs on 0.7.0, but
0.8.1 throws an IOException at the beginning of the script, and fails
to proceed.

Is there a way to supress any error returned by the 'fs -rmr', or is
there a way to make STORE replace existing contents (if any)?

Thanks!

Re: STORE INTO replacing contents?

Posted by Raghu Angadi <an...@gmail.com>.
I noticed this too. I could not find any documentation regd how return code
from a command like 'fs' or 'rmf' or some shell command is.

Replace 'fs -rmr' with rmf for your case.

Raghu.