Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/10/19 08:33:37 UTC

Changes in the build ...

Hi all,

I just think I managed to fix some problems we were having in our build.

Since we moved a lot of classes from one module into another and renamed some packages, Jenkins was having trouble.
This was related to a mixture of using previously deployed SNAPSHOTS in a current build. I can’t completely explain it, but it was failing and was giving me a hard time fixing it.

So what I did, was to stop using a “mvn deploy” and forcing all plugins to skip doing their job.

Now the build step also deploys too … but not to a remote repository but to a local directory.

In the deploy step I added a new pom-file (jenkins.pom) which uses the wagon-maven-plugin to deploy the entire content of the local directory created in the build step to the remote SNAPSHOT repo.

This seems to be working nicely and should no longer have these dependency version conflicts that were causing random deployment errors.

So keep your fingers crossed that things will stay that way.

Chris