Posted to builds@apache.org by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> on 2018/05/03 01:30:46 UTC

Re: Set up Nexus staging profile for Dubbo (Incubating)

> On May 2, 2018, at 5:51 PM, Jun Liu <li...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are preparing for the first apache incubating release for dubbo, turns out we lack of some nexus permissions, this blocks our process.
>
> Could someone help us please? Here is the ticket asking permissions : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16451 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16451>
>
> Best regards,
> Jun

I don’t know how to approach this when the groupID doesn’t match org.apache. I’ve requested help from the Sonatype folks.

-Chris

Re: Set up Nexus staging profile for Dubbo (Incubating)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Was there discussion somewhere that decided to allow an Apache project to publish coordinates using com.alibaba?

The maven artefacts would not be an ASF release only the source release would be and published and named as such is my understanding. Maven artefacts are not not offical releases. The package name will change in a future release.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Set up Nexus staging profile for Dubbo (Incubating)

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Was there discussion somewhere that decided to allow an Apache project
to publish coordinates using com.alibaba? From my perspective this is
highly unusual for an ASF project. From a central point of view, the
fact that com.alibaba is registered to publish from a completely
different repo (oss.sonatype.org) this creates potential for confusion
over the provenance of the artifacts.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.