Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Laurent Bovet <la...@post.ch> on 2009/10/20 12:17:15 UTC

Routing a TextMessage from a to a JMS queue

Hello,

I did not find any example or documentation for using the <camel:proxy> with
a simple send(String textMessage) method and a route sending the textMessage
String as body to a JMS queue (for example).

The thing is that <camel:proxy> creates a messages with body of type
BeanInvocation. I would expect that Camel provides some builtin
transformer/converter to change the body to the String argument, so that the
message on the queue is of type TextMessage.

Did I miss something?

Thanks

Re: Routing a TextMessage from a to a JMS queue

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Could you create a ticket and attach a sample or unit test that
demonstrates what you intent and what you expect to get working.

Then its easier to look into.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Laurent Bovet <la...@post.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I did not find any example or documentation for using the <camel:proxy> with
> a simple send(String textMessage) method and a route sending the textMessage
> String as body to a JMS queue (for example).
>
> The thing is that <camel:proxy> creates a messages with body of type
> BeanInvocation. I would expect that Camel provides some builtin
> transformer/converter to change the body to the String argument, so that the
> message on the queue is of type TextMessage.
>
> Did I miss something?
>
> Thanks

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer